When you are designing a funeral service, it can be both stressful and overwhelming for the family. This event needs to honor the person you are remembering. It’s a time to share memories and details that you can cherish for years to come. Additionally, you need to create a service that cares for the needs of friends and families in attendance. When you are ready to get started, we’re here to help.
Scheduling a consultation is the first step. Through this process, you can talk to us about your preferences and traditions. Then, we will help you in creating a day that will always be remembered.
Funeral Planning Details
When you are beginning the funeral planning process, you’ll find that there are many choices to navigate during this time. As you learn more about the industry and services, you can be empowered in selecting the services that will be the right fit for your family. We have a streamlined funeral planning process that covers the two most important details of your plan:
- Honoring the Deceased: How would you like to celebrate the person’s life? One option is to coordinate a traditional funeral service that carries forward the ceremonies you’ve shared in previous generations. Another solution is to schedule an informal gathering and modern services. The most critical element is that you have a dedicated time when family and friends can meet together. We’ll help you book an event as desired, such as a memorial, funeral, or celebration of life.
- Physical Remains: Another important decision is about how the person will be laid to rest. Is there a specific place or method that should be used for this portion of the services? We offer a variety of solutions for your family. One possibility is a graveside service and cemetery burial. Cremation is another possibility if you’d like to have more flexibility in the location of this final resting place.
Designing the funeral is an important process, so you can include the essential details to honor your loved one. Our caring funeral planning staff dedicates the time that you need to work through the possibilities. We’ll answer your questions and talk about the various possibilities. We make it easy to navigate these decisions, giving you full support every step of the way.
Funeral and Cremation Options in Millsboro, DE
What are the right services for your family? As you are preparing for the event, it can be helpful to talk to a funeral planning staff about the possibilities. We’ll explain how each service works and what is included in the available funeral packages. Rest assured knowing that we promise a personalized experience for every family.
Here are some of the things we can talk about during your consultation:
- Traditional or Modern: Do you prefer a formal, traditional service? This type of event can be held in our funeral home or a local chapel. Or, you might want to design a modern, unique service – such as a life celebration or outdoor memorial.
- Location: Choosing a venue is an essential step that will influence the experience of everyone in attendance. Consider whether you’d like an indoor or outdoor service. Talk to us so we can help you find the meeting space for the size of the group you are anticipating.
- Program: It can be comforting to share stories, music, and readings during the funeral services. This program should highlight the unique personality of your loved one. Invite family members and friends to participate so you can make it a group experience.
- Remains: Consider your options for the location where the remains will be laid to rest. Families often choose a nearby cemetery for burial. Or, you might decide the scattering of cremated ashes is a better fit for your preferences.
- Administration: Not only do you need to coordinate services for an event, but paperwork needs to be handled behind the scenes. We offer the hands-on support you need to navigate the administrative details for end-of-life services.
Quality, Personalized Funeral Planning Care
Ultimately, the most important funeral planning element is to ensure that attendees have the opportunity to say goodbye to the deceased. Create an event that helps people share memories and find closure. The venue, program, and other details of the event will contribute to the overall experience.
If you’d like to talk to us about preplanning or immediate planning, then reach out for a consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in your veteran burial services?
You may avail of our veteran services and expect the following: Burial flag, headstone or marker, burial in a National or State Administration Cemetery, and Presidential Memorial certificate. Contact us to avail our service.
What are ash scattering services?
For families who have chosen cremation for a loved one, the next decision involves what to do with the remains. Some choose to keep the cremated remains in their home, have them placed in a columbarium niche at a local cemetery, or scatter the ashes in a meaningful place.
What is Probate?
The probate process is intended to establish the legal validity of a will but it involves so much more than merely confirming that the signed, witnessed, and registered copy of a will is authentic.